The Neff Are At it Again

The Neff Are At it Again

Friday, July 31, 2009

5 years

July 31, 2004
Today is the anniversary of when I married my best friend 5 years ago. I can't believe that it has been five years. So much as happened, and even though not all has been planned, I wouldn't trade any of it. I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man. He has been so supportive through all of our trials, and my thick-headedness. Randy has supported my in being a stay-home mom, and pursuing my degree. He has helped me through emotional, and physical trials. Our life has been blessed. We now have 2 beautiful daughters that keep us busy. I love watching Randy be a dad. He loves his girls, and hates to be away from them when he is working.
Marriage isn't easy. I know I complain sometimes about how "he just doesn't understand." but what I don't give him credit for, is at least he tries. Our marriage is not perfect, he is not perfect, I am not perfect, but I think that is how the Lord wanted it. We have to grow, learn and adjust together. I mentioned to a classmate how it is my 5th anniversary this week, and she was shocked that at how young I was married we made it this far. I am so grateful to be with a man you appreciates marriage as much as I do, and don't think it is a short-term thing. Having the Gospel, and knowing we have been sealed in the temple is the foundation of our marriage.
Some of my favorite memories over that past 5 years are major ones like each time he held his new daughter. But there are other little things that I am so grateful to have shared with him: countless nights stay up just talking or laughing over nothing, holding his hand as we walk, the way he kisses me, his face when he realizes he surprised me.
I truly love Randy so much more than I did 5 years ago, and I count him as a blessing in every prayer. Thank you sweetheart for everything, and all your love. I am looking forward to the rest of Eternity together!
June 6th, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment